Switch access is now available for Build-a-Book (legacy), Matching (legacy), and Gears (legacy) lessons in VizZle Player Web. Switch access for the iPad and Android VizZle Player app is coming! You can use either one switch (with automatic scanning) or two switches (with step scanning).
Switch access option are available in both teacher and student environments:
- Teacher environment. When you log in as a teacher, you can turn on switch accessibility in the activity summary dialog that displays when you click a lesson.
- Student environment. When you log in as a student, you can turn on switch accessibility in the Select Teacher dialog that displays right after you log in. Please note: With switch access, the student will not be able to select lessons; instead switch-compatible lessons will auto-play one after the other.
- Student environment (launched in teacher environment). If you launch the student environment while logged in as a teacher, you can turn on switch accessibility in the Starting Student Environment dialog. Please note: With switch access, Student Select is not available; switch-compatible lessons will auto-play one after the other.
Here's how to turn on the switch access and adjust the settings:
- Switch Access Type: Select the radio button for Two Switches (Step) or One Switch (Automatic).
- Two Switches (Step): If you are using two switches, one switch will be used to advance to the next item while the second switch will be used to make selections.
- One Switch (Automatic): If you are using one switch, your switch will control item selection VizZle will automatically advance to the next item per the delay you specify.
- Switch Access Options: Check the option boxes you want.
- Play sound effect on advance: A sound will play each time you advance to the next item, or when VizZle automatically advances.
- Play attached audio automatically: This option turns on auditory scanning. Any attached audio in a lesson will automatically play when that tile/page is reached.
- Include audio button: Turn on this option if you would like the audio button on a tile/page to be included in the scan cycle.
- Include video button: Turn on this option if you would like the video button on a tile/page to be included in the scan cycle.
- Click OK to start the lesson.